Are You Ready to Send Your Teen Back to School?
“You’re off to Great Places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting,
So… get on your way!”
~Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You’ll Go!
A Little About Joey!
Joey has been working with teens ever since he was one.
Currently, he is a middle school teacher and counselor. Joey has also been a high school teacher, Sunday school teacher, seminary teacher, and teen improv instructor. He has professional training in acting for the stage, a Bachelor’s degree in Creative Writing, and a Master’s in Education.
Now, as a certified Life Coach, Joey works with teens on developing crucial life skills that aren’t taught in schools. Using his background in comedy, storytelling, and performance, he produces a podcast and videos to help teens learn tools and techniques to help them choose happiness and achieve at high levels.
3 Back to School Tips.
- Give your teen options
- Give them choices
- Actually let them choose.
- Don’t just give them the “allusion of choice.”
- Enforce consequences and boundaries with emotional control.
- You don’t have to enforce consequences with negative emotions.
- “Them’s the rules.”
- Follow through.
- I’m not mad, I’m just following through.
- Anger doesn’t mean that you’re serious.
- Emotions are contagious.
- If your teen is doing something you don’t want them to be doing, you’re letting them do it.
- Teens are data collectors.
- they’re trying to find the boundaries and ways around them.
- You cannot control your teen, but you can control how you enforce your boundaries.
- What you tolerate, you allow.
- Listen, really listen to your teen.
- Listen in a way that they can hear you listening.
- Find the right way.
- go on a drive
- play a video game
- show them that you are listening.
Where to Find Joey
Joey’s website is found at https://www.firmlyfounded.com/.
joey’s program teaches Crucial Life Skills that are not being taught in school.
- Solve any problem.
- Master any relationship.
- Handle any big emotion.
- Develop a self-image that will make you unstoppable.
- Self-motivate to reach your biggest goals.
Check out Joey’s Podcast here!
Join the 5 Day Be The Change Challenge
If you haven’t yet, join our FREE Be the Change Challenge. Each day we will be doing simple 5-10 minute daily exercises to help give you a powerful perspective on your role as a parent and your ability to be the catalyst for incredible change in your life and your relationship with your teen.
- Join the FREE Facebook Group
- Join other parents just like you and get the support that you’ve been looking for.
- Download the easy to follow Workbook and Exercise Guide.
- These exercises are designed to take you just 5-10 minutes a day!
- Start making real growth as a parent TODAY!