Have you ever started your day off with the best of intentions, when it comes to eating, only to get so completely derailed that at the end of the day even you are shocked by how much junk you ate?
It’s natural to be upset by this, to judge yourself negatively, and even try to ignore or pretend that it never happened.
Sometimes we take this as proof that we should just give up.
Here’s what you should do instead:
1. Show yourself compassion. You’re working on becoming a new version of you. That’s hard. It won’t be perfect, and that’s okay!
2. Explore the situation. Why did you eat all of that junk? Were you stressed, angry, sad, or even board. If you figure out the why behind your derailed efforts, you will understand what to do differently next time.
3. Embrace and accept your weaknesses. We were not made to be perfect. In fact, there are many examples of people turning their weaknesses into strengths. Don’t ignore them or pretend they don’t exist. Embrace them and put in the work to make them strengths.
4. Get back on the wagon. So what, you fell off. There’s 365 days in a year. If your on the wagon 300 of those, your going to see some huge results–that’s more than 80% of the year.
5. Remember…Your best isn’t going to be perfect, but IT’S GOOD ENOUGH! So, just keep going. It’s all about the journey, both the highs and the lows.