One of the hardest parts of losing weight is doing great, only to fall off of the wagon. This happens to me all of the time! I do great, I lose tons of weight, I’m right on track, but then I go to a party and everything goes to pot!
After falling off of the wagon, it’s SO EASY to just stay off. You just give up for a few days, or weeks, or maybe even months.
Maybe you’ve burnt your wagon to the ground and now your trying to rebuild. For whatever reason, you’re still trying to get back on.
So, if you’ve fallen off of the wagon, here’s some things to do to to get back on:
1. Accept that it happened. Even go so far as to be okay with it. Don’t beat yourself up. It’s okay. This is part of being human.
2. Learn from it. Don’t ignore the fact that you fell off of the wagon. Look at it, analyze it, and learn from it. It takes practice, and practice makes perfect. Every time you fall off learn from it and learn what you need to do differently next time. Maybe you went to a buffet thinking you could stay on track but found out you couldn’t. Sweet, next time go somewhere where your only options are salads.
3. Recommit NOW! You fell off the wagon. Commit right now to get back on. The shorter your time spent off the wagon, the less weight you’ll gain and the easier it is to get back on track.
4. Make a plan. It’s really easy to eat too much, eat the wrong things, or get out of control when you don’t have a plan. I like to plan each meal 1 day in advance. I plan what I’m eating, when I’m eating, and how much I’m eating.
5. Stick with it. Yes, stick with your plan; but, even when you’ve fallen off of the wagon and your goals seem out of reach, STICK WITH IT! If you give up now, down the road you’ll wish you hadn’t.
In the beginning you might fall off of the wagon 7 days a week.
After a while you might get it down to 1 meal a week, or 1 or 2 days a month.
Keep at it and do your best!